- Place items on hold through the online catalog or by calling your local branch.
- Wait for notification by either phone, email or text that your items are ready.
- Call your branch to arrange a pickup time.
- Once you arrive, call the phone number posted outside.
- We'll give you directions on how to retrieve your items.
- The setup is a little different at each branch. Please follow the posted signage.
- Curbside Pickup is not available at the Law Library in Leesburg.
What about returns?
Materials may be returned at any branch 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Contact your local branch:
After I put items on hold, how long will it take for them to be ready?
As always, we can't provide estimates due to numerous variables such as if other customers have requested the same items and whether your branch already has the materials or if they have to be transferred from another branch. Please know we’re working as fast as we can to serve you and thank you for your patience.
How do I get an online library card?
You can sign up online to get a temporary library card number that can be used right away. This card number provides access to all of our online library resources. You can apply for a library card at: catalog.library.loudoun.gov/obr.
How can I get assistance regarding my account or if I need help with research?
You can call your local branch during regular hours and our staff will be happy to help you or send us an email.
I forgot the PIN for my library account. What is it?
Your PIN is your birthdate in a MMDDYY format. For example, July 4, 1976 would be 070476.