The Loudoun Library Foundation (LLF) is an independent, all-volunteer non-profit organization dedicated to promoting literacy and supporting libraries in Loudoun County. All libraries open to the public in Loudoun County may apply for grants to fund special projects. Our annual used-book sale offers inexpensive books to the community and all proceeds directly fund grant programs. Since its inception, the LLF has raised over $1 million in support of:
- Summer Reading Program (since 1992)
- Modern Adult Programs (MAPS)
- 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten
- Bilingual book discussion kits for children
- Thomas Balch Library for regional history and genealogy
- Art installations at various branches, and more
Ways You Can Help: If you're enthusiastic about libraries and their services and are interested in learning more about the Foundation, contact us.