Here's your chance to share your story: Enter our sixth annual short-story contest for adults 19 and older between June 1 and July 31 and earn a shot at cash prizes.
Winners will be announced at the Write On! Short Story Contest Finale on Saturday, Sept. 29 at the Eat Local Read Local Book Sale and Fair at the Cascades Library. An eBook featuring the work of the winners and honorable mentions will be posted on the library website.
1st prize: $200
2nd prize: $100
3rd prize: $50
• Submissions will be accepted beginning on June 1 through July 31.
• Writers entering this contest must be at least 19 years of age.
• Only one (1) story per writer may be submitted.
• Only send the final draft. Sorry, with the number of submissions we receive we can only read your story once.
• Your work must be in English, original, and previously unpublished (including on the Internet) and not scheduled for publication anywhere before July 31, 2018.
• A story that is unpublished but which has won a monetary award in any other contest is ineligible.
• Please keep your story content appropriate for a wide audience.
• Attach your Microsoft Word readable document (please do not send a PDF) to an email and send it by July 31 (11:59 p.m.) to: firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line the title of your short story.
• Your story should be no longer than 2,500 words.
• First page: title page with story title only.
• Font: Arial
• Font size: 12
• Document name: The document name should be the story’s title. Please do not include your name in the document name.
• Every page should have a header with the story’s title and page number.
• Last page: Title of story and your contact information. Name, home address, phone number, email. To help us, please include where you heard about the WriteOn! Contest.
• Please note that entries not in compliance with the above will be disqualified.
Click here to view the complete eBook of the 2017 winners