Libraries are centers of learning, creativity, community building, and innovation for the digital age. So we’re expanding opportunities for making, creating and learning with Makerspaces in two locations:
Gum Spring Library
24600 Millstream Dr.
Aldie, VA 20105
- 3D printing
- Professional grade music recording and editing
- Cameo Cutter
- Raspberry Pi
- Makey Makey
- Little Bits
- Finch Robots
Monday through Thursday: 11 a.m.- 7 p.m.
Saturday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
22330 S. Sterling Blvd
Sterling, VA, 20164
- Sewing and embroidery machines and a serger
- Sewing dress forms
- Silhouette Cameo and Curio electronic cutting machines for fabric, vinyl and paper
- Roland Cutter for larger vinyl projects
- Heat press
- Laminator machine
- Ellison Die Cutter
- 3D Printer
- VHS-to-DVD Converter
- Coding for all ages with Ozobots, Spheros and Bloxels
- Little Bits and Makey Makey
- 3D Tabletop Carving machine
- Sound studio with electronic instrument
Check out these links to learn how to use...
The Symington Press
at Rust Library
380 Old Waterford Road NW, Leesburg, VA 20176
This innovative book machine makes high quality paperback books in minutes. Print from an online catalog of millions of titles, or produce your own creative work.
Make and create
Learn about the art of chocolate, the care of honeybees, or making slab pottery.
Community branches have events seven days a week featuring experts and hands-on opportunities for creativity.