Sterling Library Expansion
The Sterling Library has been a vital part of the community’s educational, cultural, and economic development since the mid-1970s.
But the current library building can no longer support the community’s needs.
In November 2014,
Loudoun County voters approved several capital improvements for the Sterling District, including:
• Renovation and expansion of the Sterling Community Center.
• Relocation, renovation, and expansion of Sterling Library.
The new Sterling Library – 14,000 sq. ft. – is located at 22330 S. Sterling Blvd in the Sterling Plaza shopping center and will open April 15, 2017.
It will greatly expand the size of the existing Library, featuring:
• Larger Dedicated Children's Area
• Unique Teen Area
• Larger Adult Area
• Group Study Rooms
• Individual Study Rooms
• MILL Studio (Maker Space)
• More Meeting Space
• More Computer Areas
• More Lounge Seating
• Laptop Area
• Dedicated Staff Workroom
• Power Outlets + Wi-Fi Throughout
Below is the preliminary design for the new library.