- Submissions will be accepted March 1, 2016 through April 15, 2016.
- Poems may or may not rhyme.
- Poets entering this contest must be at least 18 years of age.
- Only one (1) poem per poet may be submitted.
- Only send the final draft.
- Your work must be in English, original and previously unpublished (including on the Internet) and not scheduled for publication anywhere before April 16, 2016.
- A poem that is unpublished but which has won a monetary award in any other contest is ineligible.
- Attach your Microsoft Word readable document (please do not send a PDF) to an email and send it by April 15, 2016 to: email@example.com. Make the subject line the title of your poem.
- Your poem may not exceed two (2) 8.5 x 11 inch pages of paper when printed.
- First page: title page with poem title only.
- Font: Arial
- Font size: 12
- Document name: The document name should be the poem’s title. Please do not include your name in the document name.
- Every page should have a header with the poem’s title and page number.
- Last page: Title of poem and your contact information. Name, home address, phone number, email.
- Winners will be announced at the Awards Presentation and Poetry Reading at the Rust Library on June 4, 2016 at 3 p.m.
- Prizes will be awarded : 1st prize - $200, 2nd prize - $100, 3rd prize - $50. Winning poems will be published in a book which will be available at the Awards presentation.
Participants of this program grant Loudoun County Public Library the right to publish their names and work in part or full and use their names and work in print and electronic publications. Participants also waive any copyright protection with respect to the right of Loudoun County Public Library to reproduce their work.
Please note that entries not in compliance with the above will be disqualified.